Sunday, August 18, 2013

Purple Sweet Potatoes Mantou - 紫番薯馒头


Isn't the potatoes colour so stunning? Not just the colour, the potatoes itself already very tasty. The best time to eat it while the potatoes is still hot out from the steamer. I think now is the purple sweet potatoes season, I got this in the wet market and I also saw it selling at the supermarket too.


I love the natural colour of the mantou, I didn't add any food colouring into it and I yield a beautiful purple colour dough. Beautiful! Usually this is call Japanese purple sweet potatoes but I not sure is it import from Japan. I bought a packet and contain about 5 potatoes in it.


I went google and search for purple potatoes and I found this mantou recipes. Since I haven't try making mantou before so I give it a try. I spread some black sasame filling in between the dough and it taste excellence. There are no potatoes taste on the mantou but the black sesame is so aromatic.

Recipe source: http://ellenaguan.blogspot.sg/2010/11/purple-sweet-potato-mantou.html
Idea source: http://vintagetrinkets.blogspot.sg/2012/12/purple-sweet-potato-mantou.html

No comments: