Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sambawang Confectionery


I 'm sourcing for old school confectionery shop as i find their pastry and bread have a kind of old days feel (古早味)。It taste just extremely good to me and more importantly is not expensive. This kind of old school bakery shop has become lesser and fewer as those bakery chef are in their old age, sad to see that. That why i must grab the time to look out if there are any left in Singapore. Do u have any to share? ;)


From the left, u can see those pastry and cake are place. I feel like buying them all but i know i can't. Heehee.. They do sell bread too, u just need to walk into the shop and u will be able to see it.


I bought a sponge cake, custard puff, 2 slice of vanilla cake (from top left). The 2 slice of cake is for my mother. The sponge cake is soft and the taste is just good. I always like to place my custard puff inside the fridge for a few hour before i consume them is because i like it when the custard is cold. For the custard puff is full of custard within the puff, the custard is not so sweet and the puff is spongy and chewy. I will definately come back for more!

Sambawang Confectionery
Blk 6, Beach Road
#01-4869 Singapore 190006
Operating Hours:
Daily from 10.30am to 7pm

No comments: