Saturday, June 8, 2013

Potatoes Salad


Craving for potatoes salad so much after I try the one at Genki Sushi twice at two different location. The first time I had Genki sushi is at Orchard Central and the second time is at Chinatown Point which my friend told me.

I love their potatoes salad, they serve the potatoes salad in chilled (really cold). The texture is like eating ice-cream, once you serve the potatoes into your pelate and its literally melt in your mouth.


I wanted to make something similar like Genki ones. I added another ingredient to give the dish with some sweetness which is CORN. I bought the Japanese cucumber and Japanese corn, both ingredients are excellence. The cucumber taste so crunchy and the corn taste naturally sweet.

I gave my Sis and a relative of mine to try and both comment delicious. I have a difficult time to mash the potatoes as I did not cooked slightly longer hence I did not achieve the kind of smoothness but I can taste the bit and pieces of potatoes.

Ingredient:
  • 2 medium potato
  • Japanese cucumber (1/2 of it will be enough, cut into small sizes)
  • 1/4 cup Japanese corn (Any kind of corn can be obtain too)
  • 1/8 cup carrot (Cut into small sizes)
  • 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Wash and peel off the potatoes skin. Cut into wedges (it will be easier to mash it later).
  2. Bring a pot of hot water to boil and place the potatoes inside, cooked until no longer hard and turn soft (use a fork and test).
  3. Cooked the corn and carrots as well in a pot of hot water for a few minutes, do not over cooked the corn and carrots as it will lost the natural sweetness and become soggy.
  4. Using kitchen paper towels and pack dry the carrots and corn, set aside.
  5. Mash the potatoes using a fork or potato masher, place in all the other ingredients (corn, carrot and cucumber) together and pour in the mayonnaise, salt & pepper and mix until everything combine.  
  6. Chilled in the fridge at least one hour before servings. Taste better to serve in cold.

No comments: