Wednesday, June 5, 2013

SUN with MOON Japanese Dining & Cafe


I went online and search for a restaurant in orchard which I haven't try before. So I found this with good recommendation from the diner comment in blog and some other website all about food. We went on a weekend Saturday to this restaurant for dinner with my bff. I made a reservation a few days before I visit and I glad Sun with Moon allow reservation.
 
 
I like the ambient in that restaurant. The seat they gave us is roomy even though there are only 2 of us (see the pic above). The sofa seat come with pillows. I place the pillow behind my back and when I lead back I feel so cosy and relax. Shiok..
 
 
The service is pretty good, there is a waiter stand in that particular place to serve that area of diner. This is the first time I saw such service, normally in any restaurant the server need to attend to the entire diner in that restaurant. However when the food serve to us is not that incharge waiter, is another waiter serve the food to us. 
 

Different kind of utensil already place on the table so up to your choice of using traditional chopstick with clay spoon or fork and spoon.


Upon the food was serve to us by this nice and friendly waiter ask if we are first time dine in here and yes we are. So he told us how it goes, this mini glass hour placed on top of the bowl with the lid cover on, just wait for the sand to flow down until the top bulb is empty (about 1 minute) and the food is ready for consume. Isn't interesting? Hee hee perhaps to me.

Saba Salmon KM + Soup $22.80 & Salmon Tori KM + Soup S$19.80
The centre of the jar is actually filled with the soup but the soup is rather too little. It will be good if the soup can be refill. There are two ways of enjoying this food. First mix up all the ingredient with the rice and than you can either eat it just it is (dry version) or you can pour the soup into the mixed rice (soup version) according to the waiter explanation.

Overall the food is delicious. I like the rice is very fragrant and is not just white rice. I think they added some ingredient and cook together. Definitely will come back again for Japanese cuisine.

SUN with MOON Japanese Dining & Cafe @ Wheelock
501 Orchard Road
#03-15
Singapore 238880

Operating Hours:
Sun - Thu: 12:00 - 23:00
PH: 12:00 - 23:00
Fri - Sat: 12:00 - 23:30
Eve of PH: 12:00 - 23:30

No comments: