Sunday, June 23, 2013

Yam Rice / Taro Rice (芋头饭)


After cooking the pumpkin rice, my next task is Yam rice. Actually is not difficult or non too complicated at all. The step is similar with cooking pumpkin rice. As I mention before I love Yam, yam cook with any dishes will make my appetite become double. =p


This time my yam rice is a little bit dry, perhaps yam will absorb liquid. I not sure but I will increase a little bit more water the next time. The taste also a little bit bland compare to my pumpkin rice. Non the less the overall is still tasty.

Serving portion: 1 or 2 persons

Ingredients:
  • Yam - Use half a yam and cut into cubes (I bought one small size)
  • 1/2 cup of uncook rice
  • 3 dried mushrooms (pre-soak in the water for 20 min, do not discut the water. Slice into strips)
  • 15gm dried prawns (pre-soak in the water for 20 min, do not discut the water)
  • 1/2 tbsp oil
  • 1/3 tsp garlic
  • 1/2 and 1/4 cup of water (Obtain the water from the soaking of mushroom and prawns)
  • Spring onions for garnishing (Optional)
Seasonings:
  • 1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1/2 tsp black soya sauce
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  • Dash of salt and pepper
Method:
  1. Heat up the wok with oil and fried the garlic until fragrant, add in the dried prawns and stir fry under medium low heat. Add in the dried mushrooms and continue to stir fry for a while.
  2. Add in the yam and continue to stir fry than add in the seasonings and stir fry until everything coat with the sauce.
  3. Add in the uncook rice and water (water from the soaking of mushroom and prawns) and stir until all the ingredients are well combine.
  4. Transfer all the ingredients to a rice cooker and cover the lid, let it cook until is ready for servings.

No comments: