Sunday, May 19, 2013

Almond Chocolate Cookies



This almond chocolate cookies has been in my baking list for month until recently I decided to bake. If you notice I seldom bake cookies, more on cakes and others. Reason because my house is full of biscuit and cookies which my mum like to buy those factory biscuit and store at home. 
 


I came across this cookies years ago where my manager bought a jar of this chocolate almond cookies from a bakery shop. I try it and immediately I love it. She actually bought 2 different cookies but everybody (my colleague) target this, the other jar still remain half full while this almond cookies already empty. See how delicious this cookies are.



I modify some of the ingredient, I added some almond flour which the original recipe didn't yield. This cookies so tasty, I like the cocoa taste with the slices of almond give the crunchy texture. Add slightly more almond slides if you are a almond lovers. I want to try other flavour using the same recipe for next attempt.

*Recipe source: http://mintyskitchen.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/chocolate-almond-cookies.html
*I halve the recipe.
 
Ingredient:
  • 125g butter
  • 90g icing sugar
  • 120g plain flour
  • 55gm almond flour
  • 25g cocoa powder
  • 25gm bake chocolate (melted)
  • 75g almond flakes
  • 1/2 egg (Or alternative u can use a small egg)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Method:
  1. Using a whisk cream the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Beat in egg and vanilla extract, mix until combined.
  3. Sift together flour, cocoa powder and almond flour. Fold into the butter mixture.
  4. Add in the melted chocolate and almond flakes and combine to form into a dough.
  5. Prepare a 7 x 7 inch baking tray. Lay out a cling wrap slightly bigger than the baking tray, overflowing the cling wrap at the sides of the baking tray. Place the cling wrap in the tray nicely and fix well to the sides.
  6. Drop the dough onto the prepare with cling wrap baking tray. Wrap it up with the overflowing sides of the cling wrap.
  7. Pat the dough down flat and spread it evenly.
  8. Chill the dough overnight or freeze for 2 hours.
  9. Slice the dough into rectangle square and chop (yes, chop with a very sharp knife quickly while the dough is still hard) into 3mm thickness.
  10. Lay cookie dough onto baking sheets leaving spaces in between.
  11. Bake in preheated oven at 175°C for 18-20mins or until golden brown.
  12. Stand cookies on the pan for 2-3 mins, then let to cool completely on a wire rack and store them in an air-tight container.

No comments: