Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mango Chiffon Cake

 
My mum bought some mango from the supermarket. The mango smell so fragrant and taste so sweet. So I took one that are very ripe and make a chiffon cake.
 

 
I have encountered a few times failure on making chiffon cake, so I wanted to practice more to improve and I decided I shall focus more on baking chiffon, swiss roll and bread for the time being. Pls bear with me if this few post will be more on C S B.
 
 
I'm so happy this time the cake did not sink. I cut some mango into cube and put in the batter. So when you eating the cake, you will also get to eat the real mango.
 
 
 
I bake the cake in the late evening and leave it to cool. The next morning the cake is ready for me to snap down the picture without waiting the cake to cool before I can unmold.
 
 
The cake is rather short because I using a 21cm chiffon tin and the batter only yield half portion for my 21 cm tin. The correct size to be use should be 17cm for this portion of batter.
 
 
Testing time, I feel the texture is abit dense and not the kind of fluffy. Taste wise, I can't really taste the mango aroma in the cake and is not very sweet too. Anyway is still a success to me even though there are lots of improvement need to be review. ^^
 
Ingredient A:
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 20gm castor sugar
  • 50ml vegetable oil
  • 50ml mango puree (one mango)
  • 1/2 tbsp sugar
  • 80gm cake flour (Sift)
  • Half a mango (cut into cubes) *optional
Ingredient B:
  • 3 egg white
  • 30gm castor sugar
  • 1 tsp cream of tartar
Method:
  1. To make the mango puree - Cut the mango, discut the skin and seed. Place the mango fresh and sugar in a blender and blend until it become puree.
  2. Separate the egg yolk and egg white into different bowl (make sure the egg white bowl do not contain any water or oil on it)
  3. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg yolk with the sugar until the yolk become pale in light yellow colour. Than add the oil and mango puree and mix till incorporated.
  4. Add in the sift flour and mix until no trace of flour can be seen. Set aside.
  5. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites till stiff peaks form. With a spatula, fold in 1/3 of the meringue into (step 4) and mix. Continue mix the remaining meringue and make sure there are no trace of meringue can be seen in the batter.
  6. Pour batters into chiffon tin, rap tins on counter several times to eliminate air bubbles.
  7. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 170°C for 30 minutes or until insert a toothpick into the centre comes out clean. Invert the tins immediately and leave to cool completely before unmold.

No comments: