Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Marble Chocolate Loaf Bread - 巧克力大理石吐司


Instead of spreading nutella or chocolate on the bread, this recipe combine the chocolate filling into it. The picture above is my second attempt, the first attempt loaf is uncooked on the top part. I didn't know at all until I keep the left over bread for breakfast the next day and while I was chewing the bread and I find the taste so weird because I can taste the doughy smell.

The first attempt loaf - Failed
The bottom part of the dough is perfectly fine. Only the top part is uncooked because I adjust the wire rack to the bottom second layer and there is a gap for the top part to receive heat from the element.

Second attempt loaf
Luckily the second attempt loaf is fully cooked. I have a difficult time on rolling and folding the dough when the chocolate is wrapped in because in order to get the pattern layer on the dough, you have to roll the dough and lengthen it into a rectangular layer. Than fold and keep repeat the step again & the chocolate keep oozing out from the dough. The whole roller pin and table is a mess and sticky.


On my first attempt, I still manage to braids the dough and is not so messy as my second attempt. Second attempt is really a huge mess and I can't braids the dough at all, I just roll into a log and let it rise. Both attempt of the dough doesn't rise very high even I left it to proof for 2 hour under the hot sun.


Slightly burn on the top of the loaf but at least is fully cooked. I like the chocolate taste but not the bread. The bread is not very soft and slightly dry. I heat the left over bread in the oven the next day and the texture is like eating a biscuit.

Recipe source: http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/carol-jay/article?mid=77394&prev=79892&next=76006&l=f&fid=38

No comments: