Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tim Ho Wan - 添好運


Finally I get to visit this well known dim sum restaurant that might need to queue for a few hours just to get a table and seat. Lucky me, I got a seat upon arrive as my lovely colleague arrive earlier and line up the queue. 

We visit on a weekend morning and colleagues reach around 9am and I reached at 9.30am. So the waiting time (Q for table and seat) is about 30 minute.


 

Seriously the variety of the food not many compare to the other dim sum restaurant. And all the item is not cheap, quite pricey to me but honestly I would said the service is good. One of the aunty waitress is so friendly and sociable. We are so lucky to be serve in a room like a VIP and there is a air-con where we can adjust the temperature our self.

Baked Bun with BBQ pork (S$4.50 )
This is the first time I ate a bake cha siew bun. I like the filling (cha siew) is not too sweet and the outer layer is very thin and crisp.  
Glutinous Rice Dumpling (S$5)
Vermicelli Roll with BBQ Pork (S$5.50)
Nothing special about the glutinous rice, too mash. Vermicelli roll is silky and able to see though the filling. Thump up for this. 
Beancurd skin roll with Shrimp (S$5.50)
Pan Fried Carrot Cake (S$4.50)
The carrot cake is really soft and there are radish strip in every pieces. This is what a carrot cake should be. Yummy. 
Chicken Feet with Black Bean Sauce (S$4) / Steamed Egg Cake (S$3.80)
I have seen 马来糕 (steamed egg cake) selling in supermarket but I have never bought and try before. I curious how the taste was like so I requested to order one. That piece of cake is pretty small but the texture is fluffy and soft.

Prawn Dumpling 4pcs (S$5.50)
Pork Dumpling with Shrimp (S$5)
The siew mai are simply crunchy and juicy. I love every bite of the combination, pork and shrimp.

Tim Ho Wan
68 Orchard Road 
Plaza Singapura #01-29A
Tel: 6251 2000

Operating Hours:
Mondays to Fridays: 10am - 10pm
Weekends: 9am - 10pm

No comments: