Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Tonkatsu Ma Maison


I always walk pass Mandarin Gallery building when I go to town but I seldom go inside the mall. So one of the weekend while I was shopping at town so I decided to discover this mall. Well inside the mall has more branded shop and is not really crowded at all. I like the cozy and peaceful surrounding in this mall.



Walking around and I found a few restaurant which I want to give it a try. The first choice is this Ma Maison because the main highlight of the food is PORK. I love eating pork especially tonkatsu. I like the crispy texture and chewy thick meat. But not all Japanese restaurant serve good tonkatsu.



I was surprise that all the server are Japanese, how I knew it because of their essence when they talk. Appetizer was serve after the drink and is a grinded radish. I don't really like the raw radish taste even after I pour some soya sauce on it still didn't like it.


Upon arrive, on the table there are some seasoning sauce. Sesame salad sauce, spicy and sweet sauce. The spicy sauce is not spicy at all and I find it quite salty, I prefer more on the sweet sauce drip on my tonkatsu.

Jumbo Hire Katsu (S$29.80) come with a set of rice, soup and a dessert.

Tokusen Kurobuta Rosu (Black Pig) (S$31.80) come with a set of rice, soup and a dessert.

 
My friend suggest we shall order a hire katsu (fillet) and a black pig katsu (Loin) so we can taste the different. That's a good idea. The hire katsu is more tender, bigger (portion) and less fat. The rosu katsu (Loin) is more tough, it contain more fat and of course more juicy.
 
After all we prefer the hire katsu (fillet) because of the tender meat. Actually we should order both fillet (one hire and one black pig) so we can compare the tenderness of the meat but we realize that after we finish our meal.
 
Tonkatsu Ma Maison
333A Orchard Road
Mandarin Gallery
#02-35/36
Tel: 6733 4541
 
Operating Hours:
Mondays to Fridays: 11am – 3pm, 5pm – 10pm
Saturdays, Sunday & P.H.: 11am – 10pm


No comments: