Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bibimbap (비빔밥)

 
I not really a fan of Korean food, more prefer on Japanese food cuisine. But Bibimbap is one of my flavour and I love to order this. Most important is the sauce, the sauce is a little bit spicy but is still acceptable but not all the hawker seller make a good sauce. I try some different stall bibimbap but the sauce cannot make it. Bibimbap is really a healthy and nutrition food, majority of the ingredients is make up of vegetable and is up to your own creative to use different kind vegetables if you want.
 
I know many people crave and love kimchi but is a definitely no no for me. I don't like the taste and smell. Normally when you purchase a set of korean food from the food court, the seller will gave you the side dish like kimchi and ikan bilis but I will always turn down and ask them to keep back. I don't want to waste the food because in the end I won't be touching that side dish. =p
 
 
After I got hook up with the bibimbap, I decided to make my own so I went to those korean mart and look for the bibimbap sauce. The first time I found it selling at Vivo one of the korean mart at S$10+. I got a shock with such a expensive sauce and some more is only 300gm. So I keep hesitant whether to buy or not, in the end I choose not to buy it and look for other korean mart.

Luckily I didn't buy because I found another korean mart selling the exactly same bibimbap sauce at S$7.90, is located at chinatown (upper cross st) near the china square central. The price different is not alot buy at least I save a few bucks. =D

I dish up a non meat bibimbap because I lazy to marinate the meat. So is all vegetables only but it still taste delicious.

Recipe source: http://www.koreanbapsang.com/2010/01/bibimbap-korean-rice-bowl-with.html
*The bibimbap sauce I bought from a Korean Mart or you can make your own DIY sauce too.

No comments: