Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Harry's


It's been decade since I had meet up with my ART buddy for a catch-up. Not all of them but some. Due to everyone has their own busy life and most of all, nobody bring up for a chill or chit-chat. One day out of a blue moon, one of my buddy ask for a meet up so I arrange everyone to meet at Holland Village for a dinner.

Initially I plan to have our dinner at the Chip Bee Gardens but we wouldn't find any cuisine that is suitable for us. Partially is because of the price too, the restaurant we pass by mostly are quite pricey which we have to consider not everyone is affordable. So ended up we settle our dinner at Harry's.



We took a seat in the in-door as out-door are pretty packed. Plus we wanted to have air-condition to cool off the hot weather. The in-door area is pretty empty and dim.

I quite disappointed with the service due to the lack of waiter & waitress. We have to look for a seat and combine the table ourself, had to find the menu ourself, had to walk over to the counter and ask for order ourself. Mostly we had to make our initial move instead of the server come over. I will not blame the waiter and I pity for him, he had to serve the out-door customer drink/beer/alcohol and the food too. The management should employ a few more staff, seriously.

   Harry's Fish & Chips (S$16.00)
 
Wafu Style Spaghetti (S$13.00)
 
 Chicken N Mushroom Pasta in Creamy Sauce (S$15.00)
 
Harry's Jazz Beef Burger (S$17.00)
 
All Day Breakfast (S$15.00)
 
Chilli Nachos (S$12.00)
 
My friend said the fish & chips taste great. I had the Chicken N Mushroom Pasta in creamy sauce, actually I wanted the tomatoes sauce but I forgotten to inform the waiter when I give the order. Overall the pasta taste pretty decent, the sauce is not over creamy. We order a side dish (Chilli Nachos) to share, recommended by my friend. Indeed the nachos taste scrumptious with the mixed sauce and it does not taste spicy at all. Gobble it down while the nachos is still crispy or else it will turn soggy if it leave there too long.
 
I was joking with my friend said that we should ask them to waive off the service charge since the service is lousy and slow like snail. When we call for bill and one of my friend laughed, I was curious what so funny about the receipt and she said truth enough there are no service charge at all and the GST already included in the meal. In another way there are no GST too. Wao that a good point to visit the restaurant but definitely not the holland branch for me.
  
Harry's
27 Lorong Mambong, Holland Village
Singapore 277686
 
Operating Hours:
Mondays to Thursdays: 15:00hrs to 01:00hrs
Fridays: 15:00hrs to 02:00hr
Saturdays: 12:00hrs to 02:00hrs
Sundays: 12:00hrs to 01:00hrs
Eve of Public Holidays: 15:00hrs to 02:00hrs
Non-weekend Public Holidays: 15:00hrs to 01:00hrs

No comments: