Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Macadamia Nut Cookies


I didn't know what is macadamia nut till one day my colleague offers us her home-bake cookies - macadamia nut cookies. The first bite in my mouth make me wooow, this cookies taste awesome. I ask my colleague for the secret recipe and she told me she found on a online blogger who share the recipe. That's great, thanks to the blogger if not I wouldn't be so fortunate to chance upon such a awesome cookies.


The cookies has the kind of melt in the mouth texture with pieces of chunky and crunchy macadamia nut. For the coating I used the snow ball powder instead of icing sugar because icing sugar tend to melt off easily due to the humid weather in my country. As for snow ball powder can last rather long even I left my cookies in the room temperature for 3 days and it still maintain pretty well.

Each cookies size are large as I follow the recipe and weight each cookies at 15gm. It will expand a little bit more when baked so I would recommend to reduce the cookies size to maybe 10gm or lesser.

The cookies finish within one week, definitely I will bake again.

 
*Recipe source:
 
 Ingredient:
  • 120gm butter
  • 40gm sugar
  • A pinch of salt
  • 170gm cake flour
  • 60gm macademia nut
  • Snow powder for coating
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
  2. Chop the nut with the knife or place all the nuts in a zip lock bag and use a pork chop hammer and hit gently, make sure do not smash the nut into powder.
  3. Beat the butter with sugar and salt until light, add the flour and beat with low speed until combine.
  4. Mix in the nut with a spatula.
  5. Divide the dough into pieces about 15g per piece, and roll into a ball. (15gm is quite a big size cookies, u might try to reduce to 10gm per piece instead)
  6. Bake for 25 minutes.
  7. Let the cookies cool completely before coating it with the snow powder.

No comments: