Thursday, December 27, 2012

Plain White Roll - 香草微波面包


I'm a bread lover but not a bread maker. My last few attempt keep me distance away from making bread because kneading the dough really make me weary. But in future I will make more bread, thanks to my hand mixer dough hook.

Life really can't live without some electronic stuff. Using the hand mixer to knead the dough is really an ideal idea. It help to save my time and most importantly it help to lighten my hand from aching. It only take me about 15 to 20 min to knead the dough with the hand mixer and if I using my hand to knead, it take me about 45 to 60 min. (-_-")



Opps, the shape of the bread is quite out of standard and not unit. It's alright as long as the bread taste good. And it really taste great, this is the kind of bread I wish I would able to make it and I did it. =D
Thanks to those awesome blogger who share the recipe.

Anyway I realise that there are 3 different method of making bread. The 3 different method are 直接發酵法 (straight dough method), 中種發酵法 (sponge dough method) and 湯種法。I have no idea what is the english name for 湯種法. You may google for more information about the 3 method that I have listed. 


For this bread, is using the 中種發酵法 (sponge dough method) and it yield a soft and fluffy bread. My last few attempt is using 直接發酵法 (straight dough method), which give me a hard and tough texture. I still left with 湯種法 which I haven't try before, soon soon I will give it a try. ;)

Weee!! I'm really thrilled the moment when I saw the soft layer and layer from the side when I pull one of the bun from the whole roll. This is the result I dream of and the bread taste so soft. Yummy and the bread still stay soft the next day. 

*Recipe source: http://siewhwei80.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/blog-post_22.html
*I halve the recipe portion and using 孟老师 method.

中種發酵法 - (Sponge dough method)

(A) Sponge dough Ingredients:
  • 201gm bread flour
  • 4gm yeast
  • 16gm milk powder
  • 50gm egg (one egg)
  • 73ml fresh milk
(B) Main dough ingredients:
  • 67gm bread flour
  • 40gm brown sugar
  • 4gm salt
  • 27ml fresh milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 30gm butter
Method:
  1. Mix all ingredients (A) together and form into a dough (do not need to knead). Cover with a cling wrap or damp cloth and leave to proof for 90 min.
  2. After 90 min, mix all the ingredients (A) and (B) except the butter together and knead the dough until it is not so sticky. Put the piece of butter into the dough and continue to knead until the dough is smooth, look shiny and can stretch into a thin sheet without breaking into hole.
  3. Cover the dough with a cling wrap or damp cloth and leave to proof for another 50 min.
  4. After 50 min, divide the dough into each 40gm. Shape it into balls and cover the dough with a cling wrap or damp cloth, leave to rest for 10 min.
  5. After 10 min, roll out dough into long rectangle shape and roll it back like swiss roll shape.
  6. Place the individual dough into baking tray.
  7. Cover the dough with a cling wrap or damp cloth and leave to proof for 30 min.
  8. Preheat oven at 170°C. Brush milk or egg wash on the bread surface and bake for 12-15 mins or till golden brown.

No comments: